We are here for those displaced due to current conflicts. Please get in touch if you need any local support or advice or please see useful information below and contact details for the 121 Family Resource Centres located across the country.
The list below is from the Family Resource Centre National Forum:
There are many useful resources available to support the work of Family Resource Centres in responding to people who have been displaced due to current conflicts.
Here are some that might be useful, (this is not an exhaustive list)
We will update here as we receive/see others (Updated 1st April 2022)
- A network of 121 Family Resource Centres across the country, supporting and empowering children, families, individuals and communities. Find your nearest FRC https://www.familyresource.ie/family-resource-centres…
- Ukrainian communication resources: The Content Team at Smartthinkbox has created six communication boards to help people quickly talk about their needs and health, using symbolised core words and medical vocabulary. These boards are available in Ukrainian-English and Ukrainian-Polish. Ukrainian-German communication boards are coming soon. https://thinksmartbox.com/news/ukrainian-communication-boards/
- An Post has announced a range of social welfare payments and supports that are now available to Ukrainian refugees in Ireland. https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/post-offering-supports-refugees-arriving-23461319
- Supporting newly arrived children from Ukraine https://padlet.com/eadaoinkelly/dxz5cylps7m6bxf1
- Not ReLIVING— But LIVINGPsychological First Aid for Refugee Care: Helpful Do’s and Don’tshttps://careersnews.ie/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/SIGHRP-Rapid-Response-Psychology-Tool-Time-of-War-Resources-Final_compressed.pdf
- Mums2Mums People can register with or for a donation(buggy, car seat, children’s clothes) on this website https://www.mums2mums.ie/
- Bus Éireann – People arriving in Ireland having fled the war in Ukraine can now travel to their final destination for free on Expressway and Bus Éireann services. They just need to show the Bus Éireann driver
- Red Cross: https://www.redcross.ie/
- Ireland’s response to the situation in Ukraine https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/bc537-irelands-response-to-the-situation-in-ukraine/
- Coming to Ireland from Ukraine. This page has information for people who have family in Ukraine, or for people in Ukraine who plan to travel to Ireland, or have recently arrived here. https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/asylum_seekers_and_refugees/the_asylum_process_in_ireland/coming_to_ireland_from_ukraine.html
- UKRAINE ASSISTANCE: Query on Immigration, Asylum & Temporary Protection
- Ukrainian Books for Children https://digitallibrary.io/uk/
- Information for Jobseekers in both Ukrainian and Russian.
Information for Jobseekers in Ukrainian: https://jobsireland.ie/en-US/Ukraine-Ukrainian
Information for Jobseekers in Russian: https://jobsireland.ie/en-US/Ukraine-Russian
- Ukraine Resources & Information – updated regularly Disaster Assist Team – Ukraine Resources & Information
- Special Freebie: Support Pack for Welcoming Refugee Children https://earlyyearsshop.ie/…/special-freebie-support…/…
- Classroom language for Ukrainian children https://ppli.ie/…/PPLI-Ukranian-Language-Mat-for…